Hair loss can be the result of several underlying conditions, stress, or improper hair care. Many patients schedule an appointment once they notice that their hair is thinning or falling out, but sometimes, hair loss is not obvious.
Signs of hair loss include:
- Receding hairline
- Thinning of the hair on the scalp over time
- Balding that leaves the crown of the head exposed
- Sudden loss of patches of hair
- Loss of hair on the body
Here at Stellar Skin and Laser we use platelet-rich plasma therapy to help with hair restoration. Platelet-rich plasma therapy is a 100% natural way to harness your body’s own regenerative powers. In just 20 minutes, this treatment can help treat thinning hair and can help restore your confidence.
How does it work?
- Your blood is drawn normally, just as it would be done in your PCP’s office.
- The blood is then purified in a centrifuge to extract the plasma.
- The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is then injected into the areas in need of treatment using microneedles for maximum patient comfort and precision, stimulating your natural regenerative process.
Since the PRP is full of growth proteins, the injection will promote the growth of new, healthy hair. We use needles that are finer in diameter than a human hair, for maximum patient comfort.
Mild improvement will be noticeable within the first few weeks, but maximum results may not occur until the 4-6 month mark. Most patients will require several treatments to achieve their desired results.
For more information about platelet-rich-plasma therapy and our hair restoration services, call our office at (480) 313-1951!