At Stellar Skin & Laser, we use the Jet Plasma Medical Pen for skin rejuvenation, leaving your skin glowing and youthful.
What It Is and How It works
Jet Plasma is a revolutionary technology for noninvasive skin tightening and skin lifting. The Plasma current stimulates and contracts the skin through a process known as sublimation leading to tight and lifted skin.
Jet Plasma is safe, effective, and consistently produces a wide range of desired results. Jet Plasma Pen technology uses direct current (DC) to generate safe, high-voltage energy between the device’s tip and the skin. The thin electrical discharge can effectively treat the eye area resulting in what is known as a “non-surgical Blepharoplasty” (nonsurgical eyelid lift).
The low-temperature plasma stimulates the skin cells and membranes, rehydrating the skin, which makes the skin firmer and tighter, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Since the heat may cause temporary discomfort, your doctor may inject a local anesthetic to minimize discomfort around the eye and lip treatment and a topical anesthetic for other treatment areas depending on your pain threshold. For this reason, Jet Plasma treatments should only be administered by a trained health professional.
The treatment can be used to treat large areas without significant damage to the skin and with minimal downtime, unlike other plasma devices that use alternating currents. This is because the current is emitted continuously in one direction.
Jet Plasma Uses
The handheld device creates ionization when placed on the skin. At the same time, the plasma energy flow generates heat, warming the skin, stimulating collagen production, improving elasticity, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, improving sun-damaged skin, and smoothing the skin.
The Jet Plasma treatment is non-invasive; it does not involve cuts, burning, injecting, incisions, or removing the skin or tissue. It is particularly beneficial for those areas where effective nonsurgical treatments are unavailable.
Jet Plasma is a versatile treatment that offers long-term results for:
- Upper and lower eyelids
- Heavy lined top lip
- Saggy neck skin/ turkey neck
- Stretch marks
- Skin tags, tiny moles, and warts
- Smokers lines over the mouth
- Deep and shallow wrinkles
- Skin lesions
- Telangiectasia (small, red, or purple spidery veins under the skin)
- Crow’s feet in the eye area
- Seborrheic keratosis
- Jawline tightening
- Forehead lines
- Acne scars
- Hand rejuvenation
- Smile lines and lip lines
Benefits of Jet Plasma Treatment
Jet Plasma treatments have several benefits, including:
- Improves circulation
- Stimulates collagen production
- Kills bacteria and germs
- Tightens saggy skin caused by aging
- Shrinks pores
- Safe and accurate
- Tattoo and micro pigmentation removal
- Increases the skin’s absorption rate
- Minimizes hyperpigmentation
- Minimal to zero downtime
- Only one with direct current
- Eight adjustable intensities
- Maximum precision
- Fast results
- No carbon burn
- Simple aftercare
- Micronutrient energy
Jet Plasma Contraindications
If you are in overall good health and want to get rid of acne scars, pigmentation, or wrinkles, you are suitable for the treatments. Jet Plasma can be used on most body parts; even better, it can be used on the upper eyelids. However, you are not a suitable candidate if you have any of the following conditions:
- Allergic to local anesthesia and disinfectants
- Pregnant or lactating
- Skin disease or inflammation
- Acute inflammatory disease
- Varicose veins
- Metal implants on or around the treatment area
- Pacemakers, Holter ECG monitoring systems, or any other implanted electrical devices
- Very dark skin tones due to the high risk of pigmentation marks after plasma treatment
What to Expect During Treatment
Pre Care Instructions
Avoid other types of treatments in the same area you want to be addressed before and after treatment, such as:
- Laser therapy for three months
- Botox or fillers two weeks
- Microneedling / PRP three weeks
- Facial acids (salicylic, glycolic, Retin A) for two weeks and one-month post-treatment.
- No tanning of any kind, such as spray tanning, tanning injections, sun tanning, and tanning beds for 2 to 4 weeks before plasma treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you are using any strong medications or of any new medical issues.
- You must wait at least nine months before and after surgical procedures such as facelifts.
- One week before your treatment, start to take slow-release Vitamin C and Arnica to promote healing and reduce swelling.
- If you are naturally dark-skinned, it is advisable to have a pre-treatment with SPF 50 for 2 to 4 weeks before treatment and a Tyrosinase Inhibitor to ensure there is no hyperpigmentation.
- In case you develop a rash before your appointment, reschedule it until it resolves.
On the day of your appointment, the treatment area will be cleaned, and a topical anesthetic will be applied. It is essential to arrive on time to give the anesthetic time to activate, which takes about 30 minutes.
Your doctor will place the plasma tip 0.22mm away from the skin and use a scanning technique or deliver multiple shots close together. If the tip touches the skin, the plasma device automatically cuts off to avoid injuring the skin. You may feel some minimal heat and discomfort from the plasma energy, which will only last between 10 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. The plasma energy causes the skin to contract, stimulating collagen and elastin production while rejuvenating the skin. Most treatments typically last 20 to 30 minutes and can be used on any body part.
There might be minimal discomfort that might feel like a mild sunburn, lasting for about an hour. You might have some swelling and redness that go away after a few days (2 to 3 days). This may be prolonged if the eye area was being addressed, taking more than a week, varying from person to person. Avoid wearing contact lenses for 72 hours post-treatment if you had treatment around the eye area. You should not apply makeup for 24 hours after treatment.
There will be carbon crusting or scabs for about a week, which should be left to fall off naturally. They should be kept clean and dry to prevent infection, and do not pick, scratch, or pull off the crusts or touch the area unnecessarily. Cleansing can start a day after treatment using warm water and a mild cleanser twice daily. Do not wipe the area; only pat dry it. Use the products recommended by your doctor. After the scabs fall off, your skin might be a bit pink, which is normal. You may begin applying makeup and sunblock after this.
You should not exercise or expose yourself to sweat, heat, or steam 48 hours after treatment to avoid aggravating swelling and inflammation. Additionally, avoid alcohol 24 hours after treatment. Skin contraction may take 1 to 6 weeks after treatment. Results are instant and gradually improve over the next 2 to 4 weeks up to three months.
Avoid applying skincare products with salicylic, retinoic, AHA, glycolic, or any exfoliating products for at least three weeks to avoid irritating the skin.
Do not wax (for at least three weeks) or shave until the area is fully healed (about seven days).
At Stellar Skin & Laser, we want you to look and feel your best. Contact us for more information about Jet Plasma treatments or schedule an appointment online.